Sunday 27 January 2013

Experimenting with "memories" bracelet design

I liked the bracelet design I'd used for the Memories and Thanks blog hop, so I have been doing some experimenting with the same design using different beads. The results are very different!

Here is the first one. I found it hard to get the seed beads to sit properly, because they're not quite regular in shape. Also, the green seed beads were quite big, so even having the small black seed-beads at the end meant that they didn't want to sit next to each other very happily. Still, it has a rustic sort of feel, which I like.

So for the second and third one, I used smaller, more regular-sized seed beads. I also added crystals and chose colour-schemes that would suit the people I had in mind to give these to. I was pleased with how these turned out, and so they did actually end up as presents!


No comments:

Post a Comment