Sunday 12 January 2014

De Clutter 2014 Week 2! (OK, I sort of skipped week 1).

Inspired by Bonnie at Jasper's Gems I am doing a big de-clutter over 2014.

Today I have done 2 clear-outs!

Firstly I have sorted out my son's wardrobe. He had a growth spurt a couple of months ago and I'd got him the next size up in lots of things (and recently augmented his wardrobe further in the January Sales). But I had not got round to passing on (to the charity shop) all those old favourites that are now slightly too small, so we were running out of space to put anything anywhere.

So I sorted out his clothes today. I was really worried that he would take offence, as he doesn't like change very much when imposed by others (well, who does?) but he was SO pleased to wear his new pyjamas that he specially requested a photo be taken of him wearing them! (no comment on whether this may have been actually a cunning ruse to spin out bedtime...)

The second clear-out I haven't quite finished yet for today - it has also been forced on me by shopping in the January Sales (damn that online shopping, it's far too easy): so I have been thinning out my own wardrobe too. Gotta make some space for the new stuff, after all!


7 comments:

  1. Wardrobes just keep growing don't they? They are like little tardis machines. Seeemingly filling to the point of oberflow all by themselves!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sorry about the truly tragic spelling!

      Delete
    2. I do wish my wardrobe was bigger on the inside like a Tardis!!! That would be SUPER.

      Delete
  2. Way to go on getting two different clear outs going! So nice to have an organized closet and drawers.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wardrobes? Oh no. Something else to add to my growing list of things to sort out. But not until Spring! That's more than I even want to think about at this point. Closet doors are kept shut for a reason around here!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. What's the difference between a wardrobe and a closet, by the way? are they exactly the same thing? I always thought closets were like wardrobes, only bigger and built-in rather than free-standing - but that's maybe because I usually see the word prefixed by the words "walk-in" !!!

      Delete
  4. I'm excited by our parallel clear outs! This reminds me of that blog I was telling you about. I find pieces of this post in particular very compelling: http://lovingsimpleliving.com/2013/12/simple-restart-day-1/ and whilst I wouldn't do everything she speaks about in her blog, I definitely find it very thought provoking...

    ReplyDelete